Digital Marketing Certificate of Completion: For Business People or Aspiring SM Managers
This is not a free certificate, there are costs for each individual class you take.
Small business owners, sole practitioners, marketing directors, and anyone using the Internet and social media to bring in clients, customers, and sales must understand the quickly changing landscape and strategies of digital marketing in order to be effective. CFU has organized its classes into a course of study to prepare you to implement or direct your business’ digital marketing campaigns. It is suggested that you start with Overview Classes, explore the various platforms and tools of digital marketing by taking some Core Courses, and then take the Final Strategy classes to complete. A minimum of thirteenn (13) courses is required to earn a Digital Marketing Certificate of Completion. Students who wish to work as social media managers (those who professionally manage digital marketing campaigns for others) must also complete an additional 40-hour Practicum internship under the guidance of a CFU instructor. The total cost to complete the certificate will depend on which classes you take, but the cost will be in the range of $800-$1000 to complete.
NOTE: To earn either certificate, it is not necessary to enroll or pay for a special certificate program course. Simply start taking any of the qualifying classes listed below and contact the office when you think you’ve fulfilled the requirements or are getting close. We’ll review your record and issue a certificate. Note that course offerings do change from time to time; we will honor the classes and curriulum published when you started the program. It is possible to complete a certificate in 3-6 months. Students aiming for the Social Media Manager Certificate will need to register for the Practicum and arrange meetings with their instructor. Please call or visit the CFU website for more information on the Practicum. Need help? Call us or stop by the office!
Browse and register for classes listed below here.
Overview Classes (required and recommended to take first)
- Digital Marketing Overview (#1935)
- The Keys to Driving Business Through the Web (#1989)
- Search Engine Optimization Basics (#1988)
- Improve Your Rank: SEO Success Factors (#3472)
- Google Analytics 101(#1990)**
- Facebook Business Pages: An Online Marketing Tool (#3733)**
- Leverage Facebook Marketing with Ads, Boosts, Events & Groups (#3720)**
- Twitter for Business: Find & Engage Your Audience (#3732)**
- Use LinkedIn to Grow Your Business (#3350)**
- Use YouTube for Effective Digital Marketing (#3725)**
- Getting Started WordPress: Content Management (CompuSkills #3475)**
- Writing for the Web (#2068)**
- Video Made Easy: How to Shoot & Edit, All with Your iPhone! (#1879)
- Move Ahead with WordPress: Under the Hood (CompuSkills #3476)
- Branding for Small Business (#3208) (not a digital marketing class but recommended)
- Marketing 101: How to Develop an Effective Plan (#1987) (not a digital marketing class but recommended)
- Blogging for Fun, Profit & Success (CompuSkills #3418)
- Blogging Basics: Hands-On Training (CompuSkills #3411)
- WordPress for Developers (CompuSkills #3479)
- It All Starts with HTML5/CSS3 (CompuSkills #3477)
- How to Plan a Marketing Calendar That Works for Your Business (#3399)
- 90 Days to Launch (#3310)
- Email Marketing Trends (#3734)
- Compelling Digital Content (#1924)
- Inbound Marketing for Small Businesses (#3731)
- Marketing with Facebook Messenger (#3726)
- Recommended for the Social Media Manager Certificate: Create a Dynamic Social Media Manager Business (#3220)
- Digital Marketing Strategy (#1928)
- Social Media ROI (#3630)
- Practicum (#3629)* *The Practicum is an internship experience where the student works 40 hours for business or nonprofit to plan, implement, and evaluate a digital marketing campaign. One of CFU's digital marketing instructors will serve as mentor for this project, giving guidance and support during the planning and implementation of the campaign. Students usually arrange the company and project, but CFU can help find Practicum experiences when needed. At the end of the project, the student meets with the mentor and CFU's president to review the work and get feedback.
Core Courses (take 8 or more):
Final Strategy Classes – Required:
Required for Social Media Manager Certification Only:
|Dates:||December 31, 2018 Check for other dates|
|Notes:||This listing is informational only. Please register for individual classes and call our registration office to redeem your certificate once you have completed the requirements.|
There are still openings remaining at this time.
Online registration is not available at this time. Please contact our office for more information.
Support Person: Colorado Free University Phone: 303-399-0093 x0 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enrollment Progress ... What's This?